Monday, 10 February 2014

Sometimes

Assalamualaikum.

Sometimes we feel that we're too thin.
Sometimes we feel that we're too fat.
Sometimes we feel that we're too tall.
Sometimes we feel that we're too short.

Sometimes, we just feel so ugly that we are so insecure of ourselves.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel insecure pretty much all the time.

Whenever I see a pretty girl, I'd thought, "Wow, she's so pretty. I wish I am pretty like her."

I'm sure all of us have wished that we have a much fairer skin, smoother face, thinner body, brighter mind and so on.

In my case, I have a dark face compared to my hands. Some people on TV have lighter face and dark hands. Well, I'm the opposite. Weird, I know. My face becomes dark since I was involved in Sports Day during primary school back in 2005 or 2006. Yes, a looooooooong time ago, but somehow, this 'sunburn' that I got just didn't go away like everyone else.

So yes, my dark face is making me feel insecure, apart from my oily and totally round face.

But I'm not writing this because I want to complain. No, no, no.

I read a post on Tumblr [yes, here I am mentioning Tumblr again] a long time ago about feeling insecure about ourselves and how we should not feel that way.

Let's imagine that you've just painted this beautiful painting. You think it's so gorgeous and perfect and you feel so proud of yourself. But then suddenly someone says the opposite and pointed out the flaws. How would you feel? Sad? Disappointed?

So remember that Allah created us beautifully and perfect. We are all beautiful in our own ways. Let it be tall, thin, short, or dry and sensitive skin that we have, it's our differences that make us beautiful.

Now, chin up, smile and be confident about yourself! I'm not telling these just to you, but to myself as well.

Just to brighten up our day, here's a bar of chocolate! :D [I really wish I could give to everyone this, that would be splendid.]


2 comments: