Sometimes when a friend of mine said to me, "Aku sayang hang weh", I feel a bit awkward. Sedikit je lah, tak banyak pun.
It's not that I don't love them. I do, I really do. It's just that I come from a family that don't express our love for each other often.
Yes, that means I've never said "I love you" to my family members, not even my parents.
But I know they love me for who I am and I'm sure they know that I love them too.
"How can you be so sure?"
I know my family members love me when:
- my father asks "How's your day?" at the end of the day.
- my father wishes Good Luck for every examination or every time I went to driving practice.
- my father makes sure the air conditioner in my room is working well.
- my mother makes sure the food she's cooking tastes just right.
- my mother makes us tea to drink in the evening.
- my mother scolds me whenever I watch TV or use the laptop too much.
- my sister voluntarily folds the laundry.
- my sister puts my name in her essay.
There's a lot more, but I can only think of these at the moment.
Sometimes, you feel like your family doesn't love you because they always scold you or complaint everything about you, but the truth is they do love you. You just didn't notice it.
Just because they don't say 'I love you' to you, it doesn't mean they don't. These actions above are enough to know that they care about me and love me just the way I am.
So now you know that you don't have to express your love through words.
Think about your family and I'm sure there are little things that they did to show their love to you.
It's the little things that matter the most.
And that, my dear friends, is love. :)
P.S. [Edited on 7/3]: It turns out my QTI will be on Monday and my JPJ test will be on 21st of March. But wish me luck anyway and remember me in your du'as. All your support and du'as are greatly appreciated.
P.S.S. [Added on 7/3]: Happy birthday, dad! May Allah S.W.T. bless you always and thank you so much for everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment