When I had the urge to nominate myself last year, I had no idea it would change my uni life. I began to have less time for myself, and I had to make my own monthly calendars to keep track of all the events. (I never had my own planner before this.) It was hectic enough for me, having to keep track of the society's expenses, MB Night's expenses, our household expenses and my own expenses all at the same time.
I couldn't have asked for a better committee. It was our first time ever holding our respective positions in a society and I love the fact that we promised to help and support each other since the handover from the previous committee.
I do admit there are times when I feel clueless as a Treasurer. I am indecisive about certain things, but they would always offer me advices and suggestions on how to solve a financial problem. Sometimes I would get out of hand and would go off board, but they would calm me down and assure me this isn't the end of the society's money lol.
Of all the events we organised, of all the monthly and festive fundraisings we did - I truly cherish the lessons I've learned. It was an honour to be able to work with each and every one of you.
(And of course a huge shoutout to my supportive friends who made it all happen.)
Looking forward to what the future has in stores for me next.
 |
| Our society's photoshoot |
 |
| Winter Social! |
 |
| Fundraising January. We sold nasi putih with ayam masak kicap :P |
 |
| Netball friendly match with our sister society, BruEssex Society (Bruneian Essex Society) |
 |
| We opened a booth during Freshers Fair to promote our society by introducing two traditional games - Batu Seremban and Congkak. |
 |
| Parade of Flags, where students from every country in our university gathered and marched around campus. |
No comments:
Post a Comment