Recent updates:
- Graduated with First Class Honours
- Got my family to witness my graduation ceremony
- Brought them on vacation in the UK
- Had to say goodbye to my home of 3 years (I cried so bad, I swear)
- Managed to land a job after being unemployed for 4 months (and I assure you, I was just lucky)
- I still can't believe I am now a young woman in her twenties, who has a job and has bills to pay. I mean like, I've been reading and watching these kind of women in books and TV shows and now I'm one of them?! *freaking out*
Anyhow, now we're in the middle of Movement Control Order (MCO) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it's been a month since I started working from home. My life now consists of: waking up, working from 9-6, being stressful about my work, playing games (this is slowly killing me to be honest) and reading books (which my TBR is slowly increasing day by day and I don't see it reducing any time soon).
To be able to read again feels really good. And out of all my years, I'm glad and grateful to have started reading again during my university years in the UK. I mean, it was probably the best place I could ever imagined. Cheap second-hand books for £1 or £2? And they're in such good conditions too. Ugh my heart. Yup, couldn't have imagined myself being elsewhere.
Now that I'm back in my home country, I've been searching and scouting for second-hand books. I did manage to find a few, but of course they can't beat UK prices. The cheapest I could find is RM20, which is about double the prices in the UK. But hey, take it or leave it, I guess.
There were many times where I shared my readings and books in my Instagram, to the point I started my own bookstagram to fully write my thoughts and views on the books I read. I suck at writing reviews to be honest, but hopefully I'll get to the top, slowly. *grins*
Hit me up if you ever need book recommendations!
Take care and stay safe out there.
Till then,
Hanani
No comments:
Post a Comment