Assalamualaikum!
Update so far: UCAS application sent!
Long story short, UCAS is kind of like UPU here in Malaysia. The difference is, you can only apply to five universities and you have to write your own Personal Statement to send it along with your application.
Personal Statement (PS) is an essay on why should the universities choose you over other applicants. So yes, that includes your interest in studying the course, your achievements, your soft skills etc. In other words, you sell yourself.
But, the PS must be less than 4000 characters, including spacing. So yes, that just makes it even difficult to write all those things about yourself because 4000 characters is not much. It's about one and a quarter pages (or less than that).
I, honestly, would never have imagined completing my PS. I read pretty much all Accounting PSs available on the web, and they're so good (T_____T), which just made me feel more insecure about myself, because my vocabulary is so-so and so is my grammar, and also I don't really know why I chose Accounting instead of other courses.
Yes, I am interested in the course, but I don't know why. I just like it.
I first got the idea when my roommate mentioned my mother's cake business. She said I should include piping in my PS as that makes me a detailed person, because y'know, you have to pipe perfectly, making sure there's no smudges or anything, just like how an accountant should be detailed when doing/checking Financial Statements.
[This soft skill didn't make it into my PS as I've exceeded 4000 characters. T_T It saddened me because I really wanted to include piping.]
That's pretty much how I thought of including my mother's business in my PS. I realised that I did grow up watching her bake and sell the delicacies, and how people exchange money in order to get the things they want.
Oh yes, this is really important, make sure you proofread your PS, many many times. The last thing you want in your PS is a grammar or spelling error. So yes, many times. Ask your family, relative or teacher to check it for you. I'm sure they'd love to help. ;)
I'm sure you would've googled it by now if you really wanna know what a PS is. Oklah, toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment